Covid-19 Response Appeal
The Worcestershire Community Foundation has launched the COVID-19 Response Appeal to help voluntary groups across the county deal with the unprecedented effects of the pandemic. The local groups that do such important and valuable work within our county are facing increasing difficulties with loss of income and vital volunteers; all this comes at a time when needs are escalating.
Our Appeal is prioritising groups supporting individuals who are most affected by the outbreak, particularly those facing issues brought about by isolation or loss of income.
WCF’s Appeal is being launched to coincide the National Emergencies Trust’s Coronavirus Appeal which is raising money at a national level and is now channelling much-needed funds to deserving causes through the UK’s 46 Community Foundations including the Worcestershire Community Foundation.
The funds received from the National Emergencies Trust will be very welcome but will not be enough to meet the huge level of need across all areas of Worcestershire and therefore your support is very much valued.
To date we have provided funding to the following local charities in Worcestershire to support their valuable response to the crisis:
PLEASE DONATE GENEROUSLY
- Age UK- supporting volunteering networks to look after older people who are isolated at home
- YSS- delivering food & toiletries to people who can’t access food banks
- St Pauls Hostel- setting up new emergency hostel in Worcester for homeless people and support for soup kitchens
- LikeU/Yellow Scarf- volunteer support including transport and training; a hot meal kitchen for vulnerable people
- NewStarts- organisation of food supplies at their Bromsgrove warehouse; delivery of food parcels
- Worcester Community Trust- creation and delivery of food/toiletry parcels inc games for children; support staff manning a telephone service for vulnerable people
You can help us help Worcestershire's communities by donating through the following methods:
Through JustGiving: Click here to donate
By Texting: COVIDAPPEAL to 70085
Text will cost £5 which will be the total of your donation
By BACS (direct bank transfer):
Worcestershire Community Foundation
Acc no: 46535365
Sort code: 60-20-54
Please make cheques out to Worcestershire Community Foundation
Att: Alison Cartwright
C/O Community First
First Floor, Unit 3, Harmac House, Chequers Close, Enigma Business Park, Malvern, WR14 1GP
For further information on our Appeal please contact:
Lucy Wells (Development Director,WCF)
Mark Herriott (General Manager, Community First)
Please note that WCF ensure all our funds only go to local, legally registered, voluntary, community and charitable organisations. Legal status of organisations and those named persons applying for funds are checked. Suspected fraudulent applications are reported to Action Fraud for further investigation: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/